Did you know more pets are lost during the July Fourth holiday than any other holiday? Between the frightening booms, flashing lights and unfamiliar guests, it can be a scary time for your furry friends. Take these steps to keep your pet safe:
- Exercise your pet before the festivities.
- Prepare a safe space for your pet with a bed and toys where they won’t hear the loud fireworks.
- Feed your pet a filling meal 1-2 hours before the celebration.
- Cuddle your companion and keep calm so they can follow your lead and relax.
- Distract your pet with a television or radio to help drown out the loud noises.
- Register your pet to help get that pet home sooner if they are ever lost. If a pet slips out the gate, its tag is the first and easiest way to get it home quickly.
If you have lost or found a pet, please visit the Lost & Found Pets page for information.